The Oaktown Group Advantage
Solar Project Financing
The Oaktown Group arranges project financing through Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) for viable solar energy projects. The Oaktown Group provides a valuable service to lenders by offering a third party review of borrowers’ project feasibility from a technical perspective.
Components of Financeable Renewable Energy Projects
- Location – Can the planned project be built and operated at the location?
- Deal Structure – Are all permits and contracts in place for the project to be built and operated as planned?
- Money - Is the project financially feasible if built and operated as planned under the contracts in place?
- Timing - Is the project financeable under current market conditions?
The Oaktown Group team works with the following:
- Investors and lenders
- Tax Equity Investors
- Short/Long term Borrowers
Bank Limitations & Oaktown Group Role
The Oaktown group bridges the structural gaps created by bank limitations:
- Banks can provide financing but they are unable to provide project expertise.
- Banks do not have sufficient resources or expertise to independently review projects from a technically feasibility standpoint (only financial standpoint).
- Banks do not have the ability to stay up-to-date on the various public/private incentives, tax credits, and Recovery Act funding opportunities.